بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Being poor to Allah (swt)
- It is important that we always feel poor to Allah (swt) and broken to Him and never feel we are rich from Allah (swt), istaghfar Allah. There was a woman who wanted to get married but she was advised not to marry the man because he has a difficult personality and his family is difficult to deal with. She said I’m well-mannered and with when he sees the way my behavior, he’ll change – so she depended on herself. She married this man and their relationship was filled with screaming at each other, and then she decided to make her food more appealing, and the situation got worse to the point he was hitting her. Then she redecorated the house, so she was only depending on the means thinking that will change her situation. Until once she heard a lecture about the name of Allah Al Jabar, and she started to invoke Allah (swt) by this name. Then one day her husband was beaten. Then he understood that he was wronging his wife and repented for what he did because he could see all the bad he did to his wife was happening to him, subhan Allah.
- · People face tests either so that they repent from their wrongs or someone might be righteous and they’re being tested in order to increase them in faith and ranks.
- · When we’re facing difficulties, we are broken and humble before Allah (swt), but when the difficulty goes away then we forget. Allah (swt) tells us in Surah Fatir 15: (يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّاسُ أَنتُمُ ٱلۡفُقَرَآءُ إِلَى ٱللَّهِۖ) (O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh) - A person once said, how can I be a slave – ‘abd – while I’m rich, istaghfar Allah. This attitude shows being independent from Allah (swt) and not in need of Him, istaghfar Allah. May we always be attached to Allah (swt) and turn to Him first. Ameen.
- · Allah (swt) tells us in Surah Adh Dhariyat 22: (وَفِى ٱلسَّمَآءِ رِزۡقُكُمۡ وَمَا تُوعَدُونَ) (And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised.) – you need to trust Allah (swt) that He will provide you and nothing will be lost of your provision. You need to be sure that all provision is with Allah (swt), not someone else.
- · Imagine if someone tells you that your salary will go from 10k to 1k – do you believe that Allah is Ar Razaq or do you complain? Subhan Allah
- · A mother might have daughters that aren’t married she’s told, go take them out, let them be seen so that they get married. And she tells them that her daughters are shy. She’s sure that Allah (swt) will bring them the best husbands at the best time – this is thinking good about Allah (swt).
- · You might be financially unable to get a house, but you think good about Allah (swt) and know that He will give you a good house. Never limit yourself with Allah (swt) – never put means as a barrier.
- · Rizq is with Allah (swt), not anyone else – Allah (swt) owns the treasures of the heavens of the earth, and nothing decreases from His dominion, so always think good about Allah (swt). And believe that tomorrow will be better than today because Allah (swt) is the Most Generous – He is Al Kareem.
- · Allah (swt) tells us in Surah Al Baqarah 259: (أَوۡ كَٱلَّذِى مَرَّ عَلَىٰ قَرۡيَةٍ۬ وَهِىَ خَاوِيَةٌ عَلَىٰ عُرُوشِهَا قَالَ أَنَّىٰ يُحۡىِۦ هَـٰذِهِ ٱللَّهُ بَعۡدَ مَوۡتِهَاۖ فَأَمَاتَهُ ٱللَّهُ مِاْئَةَ عَامٍ۬ ثُمَّ بَعَثَهُ ۥۖ قَالَ ڪَمۡ لَبِثۡتَۖ قَالَ لَبِثۡتُ يَوۡمًا أَوۡ بَعۡضَ يَوۡمٍ۬ۖ قَالَ بَل لَّبِثۡتَ مِاْئَةَ عَامٍ۬ فَٱنظُرۡ إِلَىٰ طَعَامِكَ وَشَرَابِكَ لَمۡ يَتَسَنَّهۡۖ وَٱنظُرۡ إِلَىٰ حِمَارِكَ وَلِنَجۡعَلَكَ ءَايَةً۬ لِّلنَّاسِۖ وَٱنظُرۡ إِلَى ٱلۡعِظَامِ ڪَيۡفَ نُنشِزُهَا ثُمَّ نَكۡسُوهَا لَحۡمً۬اۚ فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ ۥ قَالَ أَعۡلَمُ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ ڪُلِّ شَىۡءٍ۬ قَدِيرٌ۬) (Or like the one who passed by a town and it had tumbled over its roofs. He said: "Oh! How will Allâh ever bring it to life after its death?" So Allâh caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: "How long did you remain (dead)?" He (the man) said: "(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day". He said: "Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change; and look at your donkey! And thus We have made of you a sign for the people. Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh". When this was clearly shown to him, he said, "I know (now) that Allâh is Able to do all things.") – know that Allah (swt) is able to change your spouse, children, maids, house, work, situation all for the better. You don’t want to die and then know that Allah (swt) is able to do all things, know it now. Know that the relief is near and that Allah (swt) will solve your problems. But we are in need of being poor and broken to Allah (swt).
- · Don’t complain to the people about your problems – they can’t bear it and they themselves have problems of their own. And never feel as if you’re rich from Allah (swt).
- · Imagine you’re sitting at the doctor’s office, looking at the door opening and closing, waiting for your turn, hoping that the doctor will give you some good news, but you forget that Allah’s door is open all the time, subhan Allah.
- · Always hope for goodness and don’t let the shaitan tell you ‘what goodness?’ istaghfar Allah. May Allah (swt) increase us in yaqeen and may we always be poor to Him. Ameen.