15 Tips on How to Style and Wear Maxi Dress, Skirt or Palazzo Pants in Fall / Winter
Posted on October 28 2016
No! NO!! NO-O-O!!! You do not need to wear jeans to live through the cold weather! You can easily buy a new maxi dress / skirt / palazzo pants for autumn or winter or simply style your existing summer maxi dress to feel warm and comfy in autumn or winter.
We usually hear that Ramadan is the best time to put your hijab on for 1st time hijabi sisters but I would like to add Fall season to it too: headscarf is just so well matching with ponchos, leather jackets and coats that you will love this new head covering of yours right away in sha Allah! Lots of layering provides the perfect covering of the body! But surely hijab comes 1st and foremost from your devotion to your Lord!
To cut a long story short, let's go straight to the fall/winter styling of maxi dresses.
I will be editing pictures to this blog every other day so shortly each styling tip will have a photo to it.
Here is one basic summer cotton dress (Alessia in Blossom from our store) and how one would usually wear it in spring or summer days.
And below are my tips to warm you up beautifully in fall or winter.
1. Simply add Brown Boots to your maxi dress. It will make the outfit cosy fall one right away. Do not forget to wear warm legging under if the weather is to chilly.
2. Ponchos are a staple item for every hijabi. And also add lots of Chunky Accessories like big ring I wore here or chain design bracelets or a beautiful necklace.
3. If the dress or skirt I wear is of colourful print, then I prefer to have boots and in the Matching Colour so as the whole outfit looks as a one nice ensemble.
4. I will be adding images to each of further below styling tips.
5. Pair your maxi with a sweater. You can also accessorise it with a loose belt.
6. Add a long cozy cardigan.
7. Wear a denim jacket for a perfect fall outfit.
8. Simply wear your winter or autumn coat!
9. A warm scarf added to your maxi dress will not only keep you warm but also ensure that "covering chest is the best" postulate is fulfilled by you :-)
10. Wear a faux fur vest with your maxi to look super chic.
11. A blazer makes the look of your maxi more professional. Great tip for working hijabis.
12. Leather jacket is hijabi's all time favorite when it comes to fall/winter styling of maxi dresses and skirts.
13. Wear a super wide maxi scarf as a poncho wrapping it with a belt.
14. Add a floppy hat over your headscarf.
15. Do not forget to ... wear your heart closer to our creator as we always must strive to ihsan. Winter and short days are a believers' season!!!
“The best season to a believer is the winter, its nights are long for those who wish to pray, and its days are short for those who wish to fast.”
- Hasan Al Basri (May Allah have mercy on him)